One of the very few desserts my parents enjoy is a lemon cheesecake, and since my health-nut of a mother won’t eat anything that is high in calories, or contains egg yolks, I tried to formulate a really simple, quick no bake recipe for cheesecake!!
I promise you this is one of the easiest recipes out there…………..SO with any cheesecake, there are two components; the base, and the cheesecake itself!!
There are two ingredients in the base; butter and graham crackers, but if you want it to be a bit sweeter, add in a tablespoon of sugar to the mixture.
……. AND these are the ingredients for the base!!!
You first off with the base, when serving the cheesecake, you can do it in a spring-form pan, basically any baking tin with a removable base is preferable as it will make removing the cheesecake from the pan a lot easier.
Remember to really pack the graham crackers into the base, because no one likes a crumbly graham cracker crust!!
You can either serve this cheesecake plain (without glaze) but I personally prefer the glaze, as it adds a sort of ‘zing?!’ to the dish.
Top off the cheesecake with some zest of any citrus fruit (I chose orange) and just go crazy!!
200 g Graham Crackers
80 g Butter (melted)
CHEESECAKE MIXTURE :
250 g Cream cheese/Mascarpone Cheese (softened)
200 ml Heavy cream
100 g White Granulated sugar
100 ml Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Unflavoured gelatine powder
- Pulverise / Crush the Graham Crackers into a fine crumb
- Melt the butter
- Combine the butter and graham cracker crumbs, till the mixture resembles sand.
- Place the mixture into a pie/ spring form pan.
- Pack the mixture into the dish, using hands.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
CHEESECAKE FILLING :
- Place 50 g (half) the sugar into a saucepan
- Add lemon juice + Gelatin powder
- Heat over medium heat, till gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and let it cool to room temperature.
- Place cream in a bowl, and begin to whip
- Gradually add in 50 g (remaining) amount of sugar till soft peaks form
- Set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and cream with a spatula or whisk till light and fluffy
- Add in the cooled lemon juice mixture, half at a time.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Place mixture into dish or tart pan, and leave to cool for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, remove from tart pan or dish, and serve. enjoy !!!!