These are one of my favourite treats & they are very very simple to make!!
3 large Egg Whites
150 grammes Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Cornstarch
1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract / Vanilla Bean Paste
25 grammes Frozen / Fresh Raspberries
1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
SWEET WHIPPED CREAM
300 ml Heavy Whipping cream
2 tbsp Powdered Sugar OR 1 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 110 c* or 225 f*
- In a clean large bowl, whip up your egg whites to soft peaks. (2-3 mins)
- Begin to add the granulated sugar, one tablespoon at a time. (5 mins)
- Add in Vanilla Extract and Lemon Juice & continue to beat (2 mins)
- Finally, add in cornstarch and continue to beat till stiff white peaks have formed.
- The egg whites should be tripled in volume, thick, white and fluffy.
- Load the mixture into a piping bag & pipe swirls.(No need to leave room, these don’t spread).
- Use a teaspoon to create a divot (well-shape) in the swirl.
- Place into the oven, and allow to bake for 1 hour and 10 mins.
- Once done, keep the oven door closed and turn off the heat.
- Allow the meringues to dry out in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the raspberries into a microwave safe bowl with sugar.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high heat, till the berries have softened.
(Allow to cool before placing on the pavlovas.)
Begin to whip the cream with sugar till stiff peaks form. If you are confused about what soft and still peak stages look like, look at this great website i found: ( http://www.fauziaskitchenfun.com/whipped-cream-soft-peaks-and-stiff-peaks )
1. Place the sweet cream, onto the pavlova, and top off with raspberry sauce
2. Serve & Enjoy!!! [ These can be stored at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days ]